Gulf Income Properties
Move-In Ready Standards
Is Your Property Ready To Rent?
Minimum Move-in Ready Standards
We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents. In order to comply with the Florida Statutes, Florida Judicial Law, And Gulf Income Properties standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property.
→ Property professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
→ HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
→ Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens be in good condition.
→ All mechanical elements including appliances operating as designed.
→ Caulking in kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew
→ Doors and locks all functioning properly.
Full Move-In Ready Requirerments
In order to comply with both internal and state rental housing requirements,including the Florida Warranty of Habitability Requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be ‘Move-In Ready’.
- 1. Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’
- 2. Carpet professionally cleaned and looking fresh
- 3. All painted surfaces fresh with no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner.
- 4. All bedroom windows must have vertical or mini-blinds
- 5. No personal property or items in the unit. This includes knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, etc.
- 6. No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- 7. Garage floor swept
- 8. No exterior debris
- 9. Lawn cut and trimmed
- 10. Landscaping fresh and clean
- 11. Smoke detector on each floor
- 12. Smoke detector in each bedroom
- 14. Back sliding door must have vertical blinds
- 14. All light bulbs working
- 15. Doors open & close smoothly and doorstops installed on all doors
- 16. Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew
- 17. All mechanical components working as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, water softeners, sprinkler systems, swamp coolers, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- 18. Safety railings secure
- 1. All windows should have vertical or mini blinds.
- 2. No draperies on windows
- 3. All windows should have screens
This list is not meant to cover each and make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked.